Sunday, September 26, 2010

We Are The Legion

Geeks. Nerds. Dorks. Millhouses. Whatever they call us, we are the despised of the earth. Often overlooked, mostly misunderstood, but worthwhile individuals nonetheless. Comics, movies, television shows, message boards, blogs, bad zombie stories, basically anything with Bruce Campbell- these are the worlds we inhabit and thrive within. We are lovers of pop culture and all it entails, but we are also the victims of its stigmas and preconceived notions.

My name (ok, my screen name) is Kello, and it's my belief we can rise above these judgments, if we band together. This site will be a safe place, where the second class citizens of society at large can find refuge and express their honest opinions in matters which many deem juvenile and inconsequential.

This site is intended for anyone who falls into the fanboy/fangirl realm, and wants to talk about it. You want to post a comic review? Go for it. Want to talk about Freddy Krueger? Ok, your choice. Want to debate the greatest breakfast cereal mascot? Dig Em the Sugar Smacks Frog has my vote. What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter. Posting rites will be given to all, with the promise that discretion will be used when uploading material.

I understand everyone has other sites and commitments, and that's fine. I'm making this up as I go along. I just know we have a small clique of people with a common interest and it would be great if we had somewhere to congregate and share our thoughts.

We are the Legion of Losers. Will you join us? If so, e-mail me at dashboardc123@hotmail.com and send your pic, so I can put it on the roll call.

Long Live the Legion!

No comments:

Post a Comment